Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mothers day








This is a late entry....
Mother's day 2009 was a very blessed day! I got to spend it with all the most important moms in my life who help make me who i am today.
We gathered for a really nice lunch at my brother in laws parents house out in Fallbrooke. On mothers days especially now I'm soooo grateful I'm a mom and can celebrate it now with such excitement. I feel so blessed to be a mommy and to be raising a daughter in the Lord. I am so grateful God gave me this princess to raise and to cherish and love and kiss and hold.!
I love to hear the words, "momma" "mom" everyday! I'm sooo lucky and love every minute of it even during the trying moments and testing moments that come along with motherhood. 
This day I am reflecting on all the things that make me a "mother" and I go back to the beginning when I could sit and count the kicks in my belly and sit and relax and watch the little baby moving in my tummy and see all the movement and waiting till the day I could hold her in my arm and smoother her with kisses.!
When that day finally came I couldn't get enough of Sarah, I actually loved every waking and sleepless moment I got to spend with my princess and every moment I had to bond through breast feeding and the sweet smell of her skin and the soft touch of her cheek against me was like the best present anyone could ever give me and to sit there and know that this little gift was from God and he had me in mind when he sent me this sweet angel just blows me away! That he would choose me to be her mother is the biggest blessing ever to me.!
and as her first year flew by i remember all her first, her first smile, her first laugh and her first crawl and to watch her first steps turn into running. I had so much fun her first year I wanted to take advantage of everything I could and so we joined a momma group and made lots of friends that many we still have from almost 2 years ago.! As we all shared all our struggles with each-other and found support within each-other and if we didn't have that group we may not have made it through as smoothly as we did as first time mommas! That year was fun going to all their first birthday parties and see every kid have their first birthday cake and presents:)
That Second year sure flew by even faster!! with Sarah running and jumping and talking! Having sooo much fun being a mommy to a 2yr old and its only getting better! It seems everyday is a new blessing and a new adventure. Everyday is so different and Sarah brings sooo much joy to my life. I love reflecting on all the moments that make me a mom from the time she calls  "momma out" from her crib in the morning till the time she blows me kisses and says "ni momma" as I leave her room at night.
So as mother's day 2009 comes and goes I just say thank you Lord for all the people I have in my life today and to all the people who have made me who I am! Cause until your a mom yourself I don't think you realize just how much a Mother means to you. All the stuff you have been through makes you appreciate your mom as she made it through for you.! I love my mom and sooo grateful she gave me all the love and support and nurturing through my years. :) 

No comments: