Friday, September 30, 2011


k parents... one thing i have been working on this past year is being "present" with my kids. I hope u will join me. In fact yesterday it was so awesome when moms and more (women's church group) talked about this topic and it spoke right to my heart and confirmed what i have been feeling and trying to do in my own home. So here it is....

Put down the phone, turn off the comp., turn off the t.v., ignore the faxes emails, text etc!
lets interact with our kids and lets teach them to enjoy "play" !

I pray you all will join in and teach our kids that there is way better stuff to do then to be glued to technology. And spend some real quality time with them while they r still willing to play with us and want our attention.:)

play a game, go on a scavenger hunt, read a book or 2 or 5, make lunch together, color, play dough....etc.

I know i am guilty of just handing Sarah her phone (my old iPhone) in the past and just letting her get lost in the games. which can be great learning tools as well! But now I have been more structured with it and with the t.v. We allow 1 hour of t.v. a day and on a stay at home day I allow 2hrs. which usually means one show for sarah and one show for Sophia in the morning while we "wake-up" and then a show for Sarah during "rest time" in her room. and then the rest of the time we r paling and Im practicing being "present" with her. I also spend a whole afternoon each week setting up school lessons and busy bags for Sarah. I have folders for everyday that i can set in front of her and she can go through them and do a bunch of activities the subjects we do is writing, math, tracing, coloring, cutting, matching, memorizing. etc. Our busy bags consist of little projects I've collected from the dollar section at target or michaels and Joanns. I also put a puzzle in there and I also have these really cool magnetic play sets which she loves.
Anyway this was my goal for the past year and will continue this till Sarah goes to Kindergarden. Im not ready to let her go to real school yet! ahhhhhh


No comments: