Friday, September 23, 2011

Theme of today... Let it be and pick it up later

So our days have slowed down and I am choosing to enjoy them! It is officially 1 yr till our lives get busy with drop off and pick up from school for Sarah and I am choosing to enjoy these days where we don't have to be anywhere! Of course except my moms groups at church and our occasional co-op preschool group 2x a month. But besides that our theme for our days it relax and enjoy each other! So we have been enjoying our home a lot and my girls love staying home and playing with their toys and coloring and playing with sidewalk chalk and paints and playdough.... You name it they love it. I spend a lot of my day watching them enjoy these messy days and I know these days will be in the past some day and I want to look back and know that I throughly enjoyed em. My girls have brought me such joy and I'm so grateful for them.! Who knew I would have three 3 girls to raise? Not me! Lol I never imagined I would have these three little blessings calling me mommy and looking up to me and depending on me to feed em bathe em and love em.! My goodness that's a lot to ask of me and I can only bring it back to one point. That God must love me so much and trust in me so much to give these girls to me and my husband.
With that said.... I am by no means a perfect mommy I loose my cool like everyone else and somedays I have zero patients for the "kid" stuff and sometimes I wonder if I am doing a good job at this job I was given and I pray I don't fail and I pray God guides me through this gracefully and calmly and that I hope other people will also see how I am trying and I also hope people see I'm not perfect but that I am doing my best at being a good mommy and I wake up every morning with the same thoughts and prayers that today I will show my children Grace. And that I will remind myself throughout the day that it is an absolute honor to be their mommy and that I get to serve them.! That's a huge thing and words can almost not describe how I feel about this honor.

No comments: